St Michael’s designed by William Fitzjohn Crisp in 1872, is known as the ‘mother church’ of Anglicanism in Christchurch and served as the pro-Cathedral until 1881.
The free-standing belfry beside the church was designed by B.W. Mountfort and built in 1861. The bell it houses came to Canterbury in 1850.
Corner of Oxford Terrace and Durham Street, Central City
Last updated: 15.02.2015