Moorhouse Avenue was historically a busy transport hub and industrial area. From the 1870s a large number of hotels catered for travellers and local workers, of these the Grosvenor is the only remaining. The Grosvenor was erected to a design of architect Samuel Farr for proprietor John Mumford in 1877.
A recent seismic upgrade meant this building withstood the earthquakes very well, and is now home to an intimate café and wine bar, that features original wood and exposed brick.
Corner of Madras St & Moorhouse Avenue
Last updated: 15.02.2015