Rolleston Avenue, Central City
A fine and rare example of Edwardian ornamental cast ironwork, the Peacock Fountain is set in a large circular pool in the Christchurch Botanic Gardens. It was made in Shropshire, and imported fromEngland, funded by a bequest from politician, trader and philanthropist, the Honourable John Peacock (1827-1905).
The fountain was originally unveiled in 1911, however due to ongoing maintenance issues it was removed in 1949, but restored and unveiled in it’s current location in 1996.
Botanic Gardens near Rolleston Avenue, Central City
Last updated: 22.04.2015