For the Trinity Congregational Church (1874), B.W. Mountfort chose an Early English Gothic style in stone. The building was used commercially in the 1920s, for services by the Pacific Islanders’ Congregational Church in the 1960s, as a theatre in the 1970s, as a wedding venue in the 1990s, and most recently as a restaurant. The tower was removed due to earthquake damage. The intention is to rebuild the church (excluding the tower) in lightweight construction clad in a veneer of the original stone. Earthquake damaged.
Worcester Street, Central City
Last updated: 15.02.2015