The Christchurch Club (1862) was built as a gentlemen’s club for early Cantabrians. Designed by B.W. Mountfort, it became an important centre of early colonial political and social life. This timber Italianate-styled building features executed in timber that are normally associated with stone buildings.
A substantial wing of the building was demolished due to earthquake damage and there is an intention to rebuild this. Earthquake damaged.
Corner of Latimer Square and Worcester Street, Central City
Last updated: 15.02.2015