Rolleston Avenue, Central City
The Curator’s House was designed in 1919 by leading Christchurch architects Collins and Harman in an English Domestic Revival style. The first curator to live in the new house was James Young (Curator 1908−1933), and successive curators continued to reside in the house until the 1980s. This was one of the first heritage buildings to be seismically upgraded, repaired and opened following the Canterbury earthquakes.
Botanic Gardens, Rolleston Avenue, Central City
Last updated: 09.05.2016